It is a snow day so I have kept it about fun, excitement and play, just with a grown-up twist. It’s an unexpected day off, so give yourself the day and have a little fun; which is something you can do anytime – winter weather absolutely optional!
My snow day(s) to-do list is as follows:
1. Bake a batch of cookies. I only made a half a batch this time because me and an entire batch of cookies stuck in the same house would not be a good thing.
2. Sit by the fire or cuddle up in a warm blanket with a book and a nice warm drink or a bowl of piping hot soup.
3. Throw in a movie or catch up on a series you’ve been wanting to see (I started American Horror Story).
4. Make an easy DIY craft you haven’t had the time to get to.
5. Take a hot bath with some lavender oil and catch up on some of your favorite podcasts.
6. Walk to the nearest restaurant for brunch and a mimosa.
7. Invite friends over in walking distance and play a few games.
And if it really has snowed, you can fully indulge:
8. Bundle up and take a stroll in the snow with a steaming mug of tea or coffee in tow.
9. Find the nearest steep hill or closed street and go sledding. If you don’t have a sled you can create an easy make-shift one. Or try cross-country skiing on city sidewalks (I saw that this winter for the first time).
10. Make fresh snow ice cream.